Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Sync issue

I’m having a problem with my Calendar. If I create an event in my laptop it doesn’t sync to iCloud or (depending on the event) Microsoft Exchange.

If this were only a problem with my Exchange calendars I’d assume it was a server issue, but since it’s also a problem with iCloud I think it’s a problem with my laptop. If I create events on my iPhone they sync immediately. I already deleted all the accounts from my laptop once and signed in again, and it did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 10:24 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Calendar syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the  sync to complete.

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

5 replies

Jun 13, 2019 12:30 PM in response to BNW-1984

Do you have problems with anything else syncing to iCloud, such as Contacts? Are you running any anti-virus programs?

It may not help, but try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

Jun 13, 2019 11:44 AM in response to Eric Root

The first fix didn't work.

Signing out and signing back in again worked to sync it once at sign in but didn't work as soon as I created a new event after signing back in (I don't really want to sign in and out all the time).

I figured out that my laptop doesn't have a problem downloading new events that I create on another device, it just has a problem uploading events that I create on the laptop to the server. As in, I can create an event on a web-app or on my iPhone and it'll sync, but if I create the event on my laptop it won't show up anywhere else.

Calendar Sync issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.