Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar not syncing properly to iCloud and iPhone

I have a recurring problem. Changes I make on the Calendar app on my iMac are not being sent out to iCloud or my iPhone, but changes on the phone do sync to iCloud and my iMac. I had the problem before, unchecked calendars in the iCloud settings on my iMac, shut everything down, then turned it all back on and rechecked calendars in the iCloud settings and it eventually *seemed* to start working again. HOWEVER, I have discovered that the problem persists.

Important events on my calendar are not getting synced to iCloud or my phone. I need this problem solved for good! What can I do?!

I run OS 10.15.7 on a late 2020 iMac.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 9:40 PM

8 replies

Apr 13, 2022 9:46 AM in response to rbbakerusibmcom

Actually, I just tested the following steps, which worked:

1. In the macOS Calendar app, select “Accounts…” from the “Calendar” menu
  2. Select “Exchange” (or your Account Name) from the left pane
  3. Click the checkbox next to “Calendar” to deselect it,
  4. Shut down and restart Calendar app, then click it again to reselect it.

This was faster than deleting the Exchange account. I don't remember if I tried this in the past, but will be keeping track of when it happens for a while.

Mar 5, 2022 9:48 PM in response to Paul SanGregory

Paul SanGregory Said:

"Calendar not syncing properly to iCloud and iPhone: I have a recurring problem. Changes I make on the Calendar app on my iMac are not being sent out to iCloud or my iPhone, but changes on the phone do sync to iCloud and my iMac.[...]"

-------

New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on all of your devices, then log back in. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

Mar 5, 2022 10:01 PM in response to TheLittles

I'll try that...

What's strange is that the problem seems to come and go. After I seem to solve the problem, it comes back at another time. I never know when the problem will return. Even when the iMac can't send out calendar updates though, it will still receive them from the iPhone via iCloud.

Right now, after unchecking Calendars in the iCloud setting on the iMac, shutting down the computer and then restarting everything (two times, actually) the syncing finally seems to be working normally. But that's what happened to me in the past, then at some point (and I don't even know when) it started acting up again.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Apr 13, 2022 6:35 AM in response to Paul SanGregory

I'm seeing the same thing over the last several months. The iPhone and iPad work consistently (matching the Outlook web interface exactly to the Exchange server), however the Mac seems like it gets disconnected from the exchange server somehow. The main fix for me has been to remove the Exchange calendar account and re-add it. This gets old when you have to do it every few weeks. I noticed mine stopped working after the latest MacOS update (12.3.1).

This account is from work and leverages our corporate Single Sign-On...which makes me wonder if each new update loses that authorization somehow.

Not sure if its related, but I can't get the status of iMessages to sync across the devices either. So messages I read on the iPhone still show "unread" on the iPad, even though I've triple-checked all the settings. Basically, Apple has buggy sync code between MacOS, iPadOS, and iPhoneOS.

Calendar not syncing properly to iCloud and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.