Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see Family Sharing in the TV App

According to this site on the Apple support web, it should be possible to see a Family Sharing option in the sidebar on the AppleTV app: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/tvapp/atvb477f6302/1.0/web/1.0

However, neither I nor anyone in my family ever sees this despite the family being set up and sharing enabled. The only way my family members can see content is by going to the iTunes Store/apps, clicking purchased, and then selecting the family member there. This is super inconvenient, especially for my elderly mother.

What is the secret to getting this to work? Any ideas?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 3:57 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 12, 2019 4:26 PM in response to Kevin O'Shea

We’re told that the upcoming tvOS 13 will introduce a multi-user system for Apple TV, which will certainly change the way Family Sharing is visually organized on Apple TV.

Currently (tvOS 12.3), the sidebar with the Family Sharing option should indeed be visible in the Apple TV app (Library tab), the App Store (Purchased tab), and of course the Movies app (Purchased tab).

Not sure what else you were expecting, or if you have the current software version?

Can't see Family Sharing in the TV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.