Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad disabled

My iPad is disabled and says to connect to iTunes. When I connect to iTunes I get this error: iTunes could not connect to this iPad. An unkown error occurred (0xE8000015).

How do I get this iPad enabled again?

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:33 AM

Never mind. I figured it out using these steps and most importantly an "Apple" cable.

Restore the device using recovery mode and reset the password

If you've never connected your iOS device to your computer, then you may need to place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device. Unless you have an iCloud backup, you will lose all of your data using this method. If you use iCloud for backup, you can select a backupduring the setup process after the restore.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
  6. Follow the prompts in Setup Assistant and proceed to "Set up your device."
  7. If you used iCloud for backup, tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
  8. Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 7:33 AM in response to mab8812

Never mind. I figured it out using these steps and most importantly an "Apple" cable.

Restore the device using recovery mode and reset the password

If you've never connected your iOS device to your computer, then you may need to place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device. Unless you have an iCloud backup, you will lose all of your data using this method. If you use iCloud for backup, you can select a backupduring the setup process after the restore.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
  6. Follow the prompts in Setup Assistant and proceed to "Set up your device."
  7. If you used iCloud for backup, tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
  8. Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

iPad disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.