Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch Shuffle

Originally, my iPod never shuffled unless I wanted it to (which was never), but I think with a recent app update it changed it so that everything always shuffles unless I go in and change it, and then it only works for that one instance. Is there a way on a sixth generation iPod to turn off Shuffle so that it NEVER shuffles any music- be it albums or playlists?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 12:49 PM

There are two ways to turn Shuffle on, but only one way to turn it off.

Go to the full screen Now Playing screen and drag it upwards, to reveal extra controls, such as Shuffle. If Shuffle is on, the shuffle button is in red, with white text. Tap it to turn it off and the button turns light grey, with red text.

Oh, and the two ways to turn it on are:

1. drag the Now Playing screen up to reveal the extra controls and tap Shuffle to turn it on
  2. on the Songs menu, and once into the "list" on other menus (such as the list of songs in Playlists, the list of albums in the Artist list, the list of albums in the genres list etc.) tap the Shuffle button at the top of the top of the list. To tun this off again, refer to method 1.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 12:49 PM in response to 67NN99

There are two ways to turn Shuffle on, but only one way to turn it off.

Go to the full screen Now Playing screen and drag it upwards, to reveal extra controls, such as Shuffle. If Shuffle is on, the shuffle button is in red, with white text. Tap it to turn it off and the button turns light grey, with red text.

Oh, and the two ways to turn it on are:

1. drag the Now Playing screen up to reveal the extra controls and tap Shuffle to turn it on
  2. on the Songs menu, and once into the "list" on other menus (such as the list of songs in Playlists, the list of albums in the Artist list, the list of albums in the genres list etc.) tap the Shuffle button at the top of the top of the list. To tun this off again, refer to method 1.

iPod Touch Shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.