Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 4th generation won"t shuffle songs

My 4th generation iPod stopped shuffling songs & just repeats last song played. It will not advance to next song in playlist or genre.

Posted on May 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 11:28 AM

You have the Repeat 1 option turned on. Turn it off.

I don't recall the exact layout of the 4th generation iPod Touch, but usually the Repeat function cycles through:

Off - when the current list finishes, the player will stop

Repeat - when the current list finishes, it will play again

Repeat 1 - when the current song finishes, the same song will play again

One thing to take into account therefore is that when you tap the repeat button to stop repeat, it will put the player into Repeat 1 mode. So, you do have press it a second time in order to get the player to play in normal mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 11:28 AM in response to Peb1Mis2Gra3

You have the Repeat 1 option turned on. Turn it off.

I don't recall the exact layout of the 4th generation iPod Touch, but usually the Repeat function cycles through:

Repeat - when the current list finishes, it will play again

Repeat 1 - when the current song finishes, the same song will play again

One thing to take into account therefore is that when you tap the repeat button to stop repeat, it will put the player into Repeat 1 mode. So, you do have press it a second time in order to get the player to play in normal mode.

iPod 4th generation won"t shuffle songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.