Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving a File to the iPhone

I want to save a pdf from email to my phone (a ticket to a park). Seems this should be possible, especially with an App named "Files" on the phone :)

I try to go to Files > "On My IPhone." But I can't save anything there. Any practical advice?

P.S. I have an iCloud account and enough storage.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 4:01 PM

Tap the share icon (the box with an up arrow in the top upper right of the display) and choose save to iBooks or whatever other PDF compatible apps your have installed. All files in iOS must be associated with an app. You cannot save a file to the files area. Only an App can write to its App are which the Files app can access.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 4:01 PM in response to doodaddy

Tap the share icon (the box with an up arrow in the top upper right of the display) and choose save to iBooks or whatever other PDF compatible apps your have installed. All files in iOS must be associated with an app. You cannot save a file to the files area. Only an App can write to its App are which the Files app can access.

Saving a File to the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.