Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using AirPods on two different sources at the same time

Not a question as such - i saw this question on another discussion, but it had been closed and there was no definitive answer. I have found there is a way to do this.

1. Connect the Pods with the first device - in my case my MacBook Pro.
  2. Uncheck ear detection in the bluetooth settings (n System Preferences) for the Airpods.
  3. Put one EarPod (say the left one for example) in your ear to confirm the sound from the MBP - put on a YouTube video etc to confirm
  4. Take that EarPod out and leave it with the MBP.
  5. Take the Case with a reasonable distance from the MBP - far enough for BT devices to disconnect, say 50m.
  6. Connect the Case with the remaining EarPod to, say your phone. It should connect. Listen to something.
  7. While listening to your phone you can come back to the MBP and your stream from the MBP should continue on the left Earpod. This will continue until one of the Earpods run out of charge.

May be useful to have two people use one set of AirPods to listen to material where sound quality or stereo is not that important.

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 4:39 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Using AirPods on two different sources at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.