Prevent Airpods Pro to move to Mac when I'm on a call connected on my iPhone - weird switching around

I have the Gen1 Airpods pro and they are usually connected to both my iPhone and Macbook Pro.

Whenever I get a call on my phone and use the phone to pickup, the airpods connect fine and I'm on call which is normal.

But, if I even get a sound notification, or take a screenshot on my mac, the airpods move to the mac mid call and I have to select it back manually to airpods on my phone. This is extremely frustating and infuriating as I don't know when it disconnects mid call, and I'm there saying "hello, hello, hello" just to realize the airpods have disconnected and moved.

Didn't apple test this? or is this just the case for me?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 1:25 AM

This is a simple issue in Settings. You probably need to set your MacBook Pro to NOT auto connect your AirPods, and let you make the choice manually when you want to take input from the MacBook. This should be easy, look in the System Settings menu

 > System Settings > Bluetooth > (find your AirPods) and click on the (i) button.

In the AirPods options take a look at the options for Connect to this Mac

I think you will find it is Automatic, and When Last Connected might be a better option for your usage.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 1:25 AM in response to static_void_null

This is a simple issue in Settings. You probably need to set your MacBook Pro to NOT auto connect your AirPods, and let you make the choice manually when you want to take input from the MacBook. This should be easy, look in the System Settings menu

 > System Settings > Bluetooth > (find your AirPods) and click on the (i) button.

In the AirPods options take a look at the options for Connect to this Mac

I think you will find it is Automatic, and When Last Connected might be a better option for your usage.

Prevent Airpods Pro to move to Mac when I'm on a call connected on my iPhone - weird switching around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.