Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BAD Price match policy.

APPLE this is unbelievable. I bough the new MacBook pro online form apple for $1999. Today my wife and daughter bought the same from Best Buy for the same price. We visited Costco the same trip and the mac was $50 cheaper. So we went back to Best Buy and they matched the price no problem.

I called apple to get a price match for my mac and was informed that they do not match COSTCO price. So, I asked for a supervisor and waited 25 minutes and no one got on the phone. I hung up and called back. First, I was told they do match COSTCO and then NO. I asked again for a supervisor and got Jason. After 27 minutes and me sending him via email the ad from COSTCO he apologized and said he will send me a $45 coupon to use in the future on $300 item or more. NO, that's not what i want. It is the principal of thing. When I asked for a full return he gladly processed it and accepted it vs a measly $50. This is definitely the WORST customer service I ever received.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:32 PM

You are addressing the wrong audience here - we are all other users here and do not work for Apple. And, Apple does not participate here. Additionally, I have never heard of Apple matching the price anywhere; the pricing is set and only some dealers do sell items for a lower price. Costco always sells everything at a discount and $50 for a $2,000 item amounts to a small 2.5% discount. As well, Apple has an unusual and excellent return policy: you have 14 days to return anything for a refund, no questions asked. Finally, it is always recommended that you do research before making a decision: caveat emptor.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 7:32 PM in response to ramzi16

You are addressing the wrong audience here - we are all other users here and do not work for Apple. And, Apple does not participate here. Additionally, I have never heard of Apple matching the price anywhere; the pricing is set and only some dealers do sell items for a lower price. Costco always sells everything at a discount and $50 for a $2,000 item amounts to a small 2.5% discount. As well, Apple has an unusual and excellent return policy: you have 14 days to return anything for a refund, no questions asked. Finally, it is always recommended that you do research before making a decision: caveat emptor.

Jun 13, 2019 8:11 PM in response to ramzi16

Apple does not price-match -- they never have.

When you buy direct from Apple, you have 14 days from receipt to return it for any reason, in the same country, through any Apple direct outlet or to the Online store. (except in some countries in the Far East).

If price is the most important factor to you, return the one you bought from Apple.

Resellers set their own prices, and also their own return policies. Hope there are no sample defects with your Costsco purchase in the first two weeks -- you own it once you get beyond the cashier.

Jun 13, 2019 7:58 PM in response to ramzi16

I've actually never heard of Apple doing any sort of price match. Pretty sure that is not a thing for Apple.

I think the source of confusion is that Apple obviously has their retail stores and their online e-commerce ordering, but ultimately they are not just a retailer like Best Buy, Costco, etc., but are in fact the hardware manufacturer. If the factory is going to match prices with their retailers/distributors/resellers that effectively undercuts their own resellers. I think the whole point is that 3rd-party retailers (i.e. sellers other than Apple / Apple Stores) have a little bit of free space enabling them to sell Apple products without having to compete with the manufacturer.

I certainly understand being upset at being on hold for so long, getting the connection dropped, and being told incorrectly that they do price matching. Obviously, if the first person you talked to had the right information or was able to get it right away it would have saved you all this time, aggravation and frustration that didn't need to happen.

BAD Price match policy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.