Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS as camera source in Mojave's Quicktime Player

I know previously in an older version of OS X (I think Yosemite) I was able to use my iPhone has a camera source in Quicktime Player app to record video from my iPhone "desktop".

I don't know if it's because I only have an iPhone 5s or because of Mojave but this feature seems to have gone away (at least for me). I think this stopped working for me in High Sierra).

Does this still work for anyone else still in Mojave? I can't find any information on this and if it's specifically been removed, or it's just because of my iPhone 5s. I'd appreciate to hear from anyone who can or can't do this, and what macOS / OSX and iOS device your using.

Again, this allowed me to see my iPhone screen on my Mac, and to record app and interactions on my iPhone and record them in Quicktime if I wanted.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:34 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 15, 2019 10:49 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

My apologies, to clarify that image is not of mine, but something I found on the Internet to illustrate what I was talking about.

I'm not able to get this anymore and just wanted to confirm that this works still for anyone else in any circumstance, i.e. that it's still a supported feature. I don't know if it's macOS, iOS 12, or my iPhone 5s that is the problem. So it would just be nice to have it confirmed that it works for anyone with a modern setup under any circumstance.

iOS as camera source in Mojave's Quicktime Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.