Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other Documents in iCloud

I have 0 files in my iCloud, but have Other documents category that take 3.4Gb. They are not seen anywhere, neither from Mac nor Windows app and icloud.com. How to find and delete them? Would be grateful for any support!

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 3:01 AM

So, I finally solved it. It was an UNFNISHED cached Whatsapp backup that took 3.4 gb and did not allow me to make a new backup.

I have upgraded to 50Gb, then made a backup of my Whatsapp chats - the actual reason that made me discover how to free up space and now my other documents sections is empty!

Now will probably downgrade to 5 Gb storage, because have enough free space (:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 3:01 AM in response to yaroslava_from_kz

So, I finally solved it. It was an UNFNISHED cached Whatsapp backup that took 3.4 gb and did not allow me to make a new backup.

I have upgraded to 50Gb, then made a backup of my Whatsapp chats - the actual reason that made me discover how to free up space and now my other documents sections is empty!

Now will probably downgrade to 5 Gb storage, because have enough free space (:

Jun 15, 2019 9:52 AM in response to yaroslava_from_kz

Hello yaroslava_from_kz and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having some issues with unexplained space being consumed by Other in iCloud Drive.

Start by making sure that the trash is emptied on any Mac connected to that Apple ID. Files that were deleted by dragging them to the trash do not actually give up their allotted space until the trash is emptied.

If you're still seeing space consumed after checking that, then go to iCloud.com > Settings > Advanced - Restore Files. If there is anything listed there. select it and use the Delete button in the lower right. Restart the Mac after each of these steps.

If after doing those steps, the space is still not clearing, reach out to Apple Support for account level troubleshooting.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers.

Other Documents in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.