Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glare when taking photos and videos

Greetings! Apologizing in advance for grammatical errors, I am not a native English speaker. From the moment of buying an iPhone, I began to notice a strange defect when taking photos and videos, namely glare when there is a point source of light in the frame (sun, lights), these glare are especially noticeable on a dark background. This defect delivers some discomfort, since I do photo. Unfortunately, I did not find information about this defect, so I appeal to you with great hope. I attach a video to this appeal, shot on my iPhone, where the problem is clearly demonstrated. Best regards!

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 12:46 AM

This is not a defect.

It’s a normal behavior of the lens in general, especially that small. Even high-end DSLRs or mirrorless cameras catch the flare of the direct light source. And it also really depends on a kind of the light source.

2 replies

Glare when taking photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.