Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod constantly dropping/unable to connect

Any suggestions on how to solve issue of HomePod either not being able to connect or dropping connection? I'd say we are unable to get a connection to any device around 30%-50% of the time (iPhones, iPads, Macs) or we get one and it drops after a while (usually when we pause music or podcast and then try to restart). It's maddening to the point where I just want to throw it out. There are no issues with the wifi network when this happens and, as noted above, it is happening with multiple devices that all otherwise work fine. Never had this with the Sonos speaker that the HomePod replaced. I've reset the thing multiple times. I've changed the access settings. All to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 10:26 AM

If your router/access points are dual band you may find that HomePod is more reliable if you only enable one band. It seems it may get distracted while hunting for the best signal. You may find it also works better if you assign an address reservation for it.

tt2

2 replies

Jun 15, 2019 10:28 AM in response to TMG

I’d not keep resetting it that much.

for an issue like this, a simple unplugging is sometimes all that is needed.

Not to say that will resolve all your wifi issues.

• Try. Rebooting the wifi router.
  • Reset network settings on your devices you use with it.
  • if your wifi has Dual Bands. It can cause issues. You need to disable one and make the other (usually the lower speed) be the default.

Homepod constantly dropping/unable to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.