Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad

Since the last IPAD update, several words are always capitalized even though I don’t press the capitalization key. A couple of examples are “you, your, word, him”. (It happened when I just typed them.) I have capitalized those words frequently so does that stay in the memory somewhere?

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Yes, the keyboard is learning what you frequently type. You can reset the keyboard dictionary in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Keyboard Dictionary. This will erase all of the custom words that you have entered or that the keyboard has learned and it will resound the keyboard dictionary to factory settings.

You will see a warning about this and have a chance to cancel if you change your mind.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 7:27 AM in response to Britni1985

Yes, the keyboard is learning what you frequently type. You can reset the keyboard dictionary in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Keyboard Dictionary. This will erase all of the custom words that you have entered or that the keyboard has learned and it will resound the keyboard dictionary to factory settings.

You will see a warning about this and have a chance to cancel if you change your mind.

Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.