Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail showing correct sender address but wrong namw

I have multiple GMAIL accounts in my Mac Mail on my laptop. (Mojave 10.14.5, MacBook Pro) Here's what's happening:

1. 1. I have an account "Mothra", Description "Big Bug", Email "Mothra <*****1>Send email from account "Mothra" to account "Gamera".
    2. I have another account "Gamera", Description "Big Turtle", Email "Gamera <*****2>"
    3. My real name is "Captain Marvel"
    4. I compose an email to Gamera and send it from the Mothra account
    5. The email shows up in Gamera's account with sender "Captain Marvel *****1"
    6. I don't want everyone knowing that Captain Marvel is Mothra. How can I change the name associated with the Mothra email account to Mothra?

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 2:02 PM

Resolved with the help of Apple phone support. The problem was that Contacts/All Contacts/My Name, I had all the problematic email address listed as email addresses for that name. All I did was edit my own contact name to delete ALL email address entries, restarted Mail, and immediately all the Gmail accounts began showing as being sent to/received from the correct name for that address.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 2:02 PM in response to Kentuckienne

Resolved with the help of Apple phone support. The problem was that Contacts/All Contacts/My Name, I had all the problematic email address listed as email addresses for that name. All I did was edit my own contact name to delete ALL email address entries, restarted Mail, and immediately all the Gmail accounts began showing as being sent to/received from the correct name for that address.

mail showing correct sender address but wrong namw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.