Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings and controls over CarPlay.

I really need to keep my phone from automatically connecting to certain cars with CarPlay when all I want to do is charge it. I can’t plug in my phone for it to charge without it it connecting to the car and playing music from my phone on the car when I don’t want it to.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 10:49 AM

You have the option not to connect to CarPlay, as well as the option to turn off CarPlay from within the vehicle's radio system. You may need to check the owner's manual for the car to see that. Another option is to use a different USB connector in the car to charge by, since one is generally dedicated to CarPlay. That information should also be available in the owner's manual. You can also use an adapter in one of the outlets in the car to charge with.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 10:49 AM in response to Riley_2

You have the option not to connect to CarPlay, as well as the option to turn off CarPlay from within the vehicle's radio system. You may need to check the owner's manual for the car to see that. Another option is to use a different USB connector in the car to charge by, since one is generally dedicated to CarPlay. That information should also be available in the owner's manual. You can also use an adapter in one of the outlets in the car to charge with.

Settings and controls over CarPlay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.