Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All My AppleMusic Disappeared

I accidentally switched my apple Id country this of course removed all my apple music albums. I have switched it back to the correct country, signed out and back in again, completely shut down and restart my phone but the music won't come back. My computer can't download ITunes (different issue, my computer is quite old) so don't have it uploaded anywhere else, PLEASE tell me that I can get my music back some how, I am almost always listening to music and have lost close to 2 thousand songs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Do you have an Apple Music Membership?

You can try these steps to see if it will restore it:

Turn iCloud Music Library off, then on again

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it off.
    2. Close Settings.
    3. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
    4. Turn on “Show Apple Music

If they still don’t load:

1. in settings- iTunes App Store - your name - sign out- then sign back  in - you will need to turn iCloud music library back on again.

If this is for purchased music from iTunes:

ypu can try Redownloading onto your iPhone

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap  More in the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap  Purchased. On an iPad, just tap  Purchased. 
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
  4. Find the movie, TV show, or music that you want to redownload, then tap it. 
  5. Tap  to the right of the title. The movie, TV show, or music downloads to your device. You can find movies and TV shows that you redownload in the TV app§ or Videos app, and music in the Music app. Don't see the item that you purchased?

Changing countries messes things up. Make sure You have restored your payment method to match your current country you went back to.

Please post back if any of this helps or if you tried something else that helped, so we may help others.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2019 12:16 PM in response to mackennag001

Do you have an Apple Music Membership?

You can try these steps to see if it will restore it:

Turn iCloud Music Library off, then on again

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it off.
    2. Close Settings.
    3. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
    4. Turn on “Show Apple Music

If they still don’t load:

1. in settings- iTunes App Store - your name - sign out- then sign back  in - you will need to turn iCloud music library back on again.

If this is for purchased music from iTunes:

ypu can try Redownloading onto your iPhone

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap  More in the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap  Purchased. On an iPad, just tap  Purchased. 
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
  4. Find the movie, TV show, or music that you want to redownload, then tap it. 
  5. Tap  to the right of the title. The movie, TV show, or music downloads to your device. You can find movies and TV shows that you redownload in the TV app§ or Videos app, and music in the Music app. Don't see the item that you purchased?

Changing countries messes things up. Make sure You have restored your payment method to match your current country you went back to.

Please post back if any of this helps or if you tried something else that helped, so we may help others.

All My AppleMusic Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.