Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sierra 10.12 kernel panic

Starting several months ago after a security and iTunes updates my mac started rebooting randomly. I believe this is a kernel panic. How can I investigate further and remove any offending files? MacBook Pro 15 (mid 2010), Sierra 10.12.6

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 7:18 AM

Restart - computer spontaneously restarts

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2019 7:18 AM in response to Kings2121

Restart - computer spontaneously restarts

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

Sierra 10.12 kernel panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.