Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail problems IMAP account incoming & outgoing

I am having problems with both incoming and outgoing mail on my mac IMAP account, which has been fine for several years and now a problem.

I checked all my settings and they are fine.

Is my last resort to delete the IMAP account I have on my mac and then set it up from scratch?

IF I do this, will I loose all of my mail and folder set up saved to my mac mail account today?

Thanks all for any suggestions or feedback..

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 8:28 AM

You are welcome. When you export the mailbox, you get to choose the location. I suggest the Desktop to make them easy to access. I think the saved folders will be set up the same, but I can't test to tell you yes with 100% certainty. Either the backup or the export will work. The Desktop is normally easier to access.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 8:28 AM in response to Nella4apple

You are welcome. When you export the mailbox, you get to choose the location. I suggest the Desktop to make them easy to access. I think the saved folders will be set up the same, but I can't test to tell you yes with 100% certainty. Either the backup or the export will work. The Desktop is normally easier to access.

Mac mail problems IMAP account incoming & outgoing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.