You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email accounts fail to connect to IMAP server and safari is very slow

Hi, my email accounts on my MAC fail to connect to IMAP server and safari is very slow. I can solve this for a very short period by restarting the computer but this only lasts a few minutes. I have a circa 2010 IMAC running High Sierra

I found some help advice which suggested deleting the email accounts and setting them back up again. I tried this with one account with the result that I can't add the account back now.

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 2:45 PM

tonyfromselby,

Thanks for the additional details regarding the Mac.

This might be from incompatible login items. This issue is not related to yours, but shows how to remove login items: If your Mac has a blue screen or other startup problems

If you're still having issues or don't have any login items, reach out to the Apple Support team here: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2019 2:45 PM in response to tonyfromselby

tonyfromselby,

Thanks for the additional details regarding the Mac.

This might be from incompatible login items. This issue is not related to yours, but shows how to remove login items: If your Mac has a blue screen or other startup problems

If you're still having issues or don't have any login items, reach out to the Apple Support team here: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Oct 4, 2019 10:27 AM in response to tonyfromselby

Hello tonyfromselby,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that Safari is running slow and many email accounts are failing to connect. I'll be happy to help.

Here are some suggestions:

Best regards.

email accounts fail to connect to IMAP server and safari is very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.