Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking Changes

I write stories and I export my Pages document to Word and send it to my editor. He turns on Track Changes with the option to have deleted words left in but struck through. When I open the edited document in Pages, the changes appear as his color text, but the strike throughs are missing.

Alan

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 9:14 AM

4 replies

Jun 17, 2019 10:35 AM in response to English Rebel

Exporting your Pages document to a Word file requires translating the file from Pages's internal format to .doc or .docx format.

Any Pages features not supported in Word (or implemented in a different manner in Word) will likely not survive the translation.

Opening your editors .docx file as a Pages document requires translating the file from .doc or .docx format to Pages format

Any Word features not supported in Pages (or implemented in a different manner in Pages) will likely not survive the translation.

If you are regularly sharing documents with someone using MS Word, Pages may not be the right choice of software for the job.

You may get better results opening your editor's return document using one of the openoffice.org based 'office' applications, such as LibreOffice. The application is free to download and use, but does have a learning curve.

You will get the most accurate transfer using MS Word at both ends of the pipe.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 18, 2019 8:17 PM in response to English Rebel

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting the solution you found, and for marking that post as the one that solved your question. Marking it moves it to the top of the discussion, where someone coming later with a similar question can find that post without having to search through the thread.

Viking's advice regarding using the same tool as your editor is still well taken, though.

Regards,

Barry

Tracking Changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.