Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update apps due from previous apple id

i signed out from my previous apple id and signed in a new one, then now im trying to update imovie but it tells me to enter the password from my previous one eventhough im signed in a new apple id ...

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 8:26 PM

If this is the same account but a new ID: What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

https://support.apple.com/HT204071

If this is a different Apple ID account, delete the apps and download them with the new ID or Family Share the old account with the new one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2019 8:26 PM in response to kazandra112

If this is the same account but a new ID: What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

https://support.apple.com/HT204071

If this is a different Apple ID account, delete the apps and download them with the new ID or Family Share the old account with the new one.

Can’t update apps due from previous apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.