Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The apps won't update because it says I set up with a different Apple ID?

How do I find out whether a previous apple id was used at set up - this was a new mac and I only have one ID - so I don't understand why it is saying it was set up with a different Apple ID?

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM

If the applications that need updating are Apple applications that came with the computer, try going to the App Store Purchases tab or click on your profile and then go to Purchases to see if there is an option to accept the applications with your Apple ID. If that doesn't work, you can delete the applications and download them with your Apple ID. The applications are free. You may have to sign out of the App Store, restart the computer, and sign back in to download new copies.

Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Kiwiseabreeze

If the applications that need updating are Apple applications that came with the computer, try going to the App Store Purchases tab or click on your profile and then go to Purchases to see if there is an option to accept the applications with your Apple ID. If that doesn't work, you can delete the applications and download them with your Apple ID. The applications are free. You may have to sign out of the App Store, restart the computer, and sign back in to download new copies.

Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac

The apps won't update because it says I set up with a different Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.