Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages app is not working, got "An internal Messages error occurred." error

MacBook Pro: (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

macOS: Mojave - 10.14.5 (18F132)

My messages app is broken, I always got "An internal Messages error occurred." error.

I've open console app to see errors and I've got this.

I can't find a fix for it yet and I don't want to reinstall macOS at this moment.

Anyway solution or suggestion for that?

Thank you in advance :)

Best regards,

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, SukinoSenze!

I understand you're not able to open the Messages app and are receiving an error. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Test to see if you're able to open Messages in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If it does not happen in safe mode, restart as normal and test to see if you can open Messages.

If the issue continues, try another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If you experience the same issue in the other user account, you would have to reinstall macOS.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2019 12:56 PM in response to SukinoSenze

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, SukinoSenze!

I understand you're not able to open the Messages app and are receiving an error. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Test to see if you're able to open Messages in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If it does not happen in safe mode, restart as normal and test to see if you can open Messages.

If the issue continues, try another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If you experience the same issue in the other user account, you would have to reinstall macOS.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Messages app is not working, got "An internal Messages error occurred." error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.