Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No place to enter Apple ID verification Code

I am trying to reconnect my iMac to iCloud, after being signed in a couple hours ago and somehow booted out.

After I put in my iCloud username and password correctly, I receive a verification code to my phone. Then the window on my iMac asks me to enter my password followed by the verification code. But there is no text box popping up on the iMac as it normally would where I should enter the code.

I have already...

1- ... restarted all of my devices and tried again (multiple times)

2- ... followed other threads inside this community and read other articles posted about a similar topic, but none of the answers directly address what to do if the box doesn't show up in which to enter the verification code

As I said, I was already logged in several hours ago and went through this process without a problem, but now it is not working properly. What else can I try?

TIA!

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 2:47 PM

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2019 2:47 PM in response to josunshine29

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

No place to enter Apple ID verification Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.