Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud won’t work on new iMac

I just got the new iMac and am not able to set up iCloud. Password is correct, even changed the password. Works in browser no problem. The Apple ID settings on my phone shows the new iMac however it says this device cannot be used to receive Apple ID verification codes. The many times I’ve tried 2 factor authentication, it gives me the code and press allow, nothing happens. Circle just keeps spinning. I’m not very tech savvy when it comes to macs. Anyone else have this problem ?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 2:58 PM

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities, Lnah2020!

Congratulations on your new Mac! We understand you're having some trouble setting up iCloud. You've come to the right place to get help!

It sounds like when you try to enter the two-factor authentication verification code on the Mac, it never progresses. For this, we would suggest seeing if any of the steps found in If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support help.

If not, try signing in on a different internet network (if possible), and while the computer is booted to safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Feel free to let us know if you still can't get signed in.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Lnah2020

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities, Lnah2020!

Congratulations on your new Mac! We understand you're having some trouble setting up iCloud. You've come to the right place to get help!

It sounds like when you try to enter the two-factor authentication verification code on the Mac, it never progresses. For this, we would suggest seeing if any of the steps found in If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support help.

If not, try signing in on a different internet network (if possible), and while the computer is booted to safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Feel free to let us know if you still can't get signed in.

Cheers!

iCloud won’t work on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.