Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrate from one iCloud account to another

Today my wife and I each have a 200gb iCloud account, but I'd like to not renew her account and upgrade my account to 2TB and turn on family sharing.

How can I ensure everything that is in her current (individual) iCloud is migrated to my 2TB family plan without the loss of anything that is in her iCloud?

Thanks,

Keith and Danmar

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 11:13 AM

Good afternoon milam2,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to increase your iCloud storage to 2 TB and set up Family Sharing with your wife. The resources below will help you with this. Your wife can create an archive of her iCloud data if she wants before accepting the Family Sharing invitation. If you share a computer, create an admin user account for your wife so that her data is kept separate from yours on the Mac. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

Family Sharing

"Share an iCloud storage plan with your family.

Now you can share an iCloud storage plan with your entire family. Choose a 200GB or 2TB plan to give everyone enough space to store photos, videos, documents, and more. It’s easy to see how much everyone is using, and you can upgrade to a larger plan at any time. Learn about iCloud storage plans and pricing.

When you share a storage plan, other family members won’t have access to your content unless you choose to share it. And if an adult family member needs more space or wants to use their own iCloud storage, they can choose their own storage plan and still remain part of the family."

Enjoy your day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 11:13 AM in response to milam2

Good afternoon milam2,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to increase your iCloud storage to 2 TB and set up Family Sharing with your wife. The resources below will help you with this. Your wife can create an archive of her iCloud data if she wants before accepting the Family Sharing invitation. If you share a computer, create an admin user account for your wife so that her data is kept separate from yours on the Mac. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

Family Sharing

"Share an iCloud storage plan with your family.

Now you can share an iCloud storage plan with your entire family. Choose a 200GB or 2TB plan to give everyone enough space to store photos, videos, documents, and more. It’s easy to see how much everyone is using, and you can upgrade to a larger plan at any time. Learn about iCloud storage plans and pricing.

When you share a storage plan, other family members won’t have access to your content unless you choose to share it. And if an adult family member needs more space or wants to use their own iCloud storage, they can choose their own storage plan and still remain part of the family."

Enjoy your day!

Migrate from one iCloud account to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.