Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Theme Re-Download

Hello! So I deleted all of the iMovie themes and a lot of the sounds off my Macbook to save some storage since I've had this computer for over 4 years. But now I'm working on a project and I really need a nice theme to go with it.

How can I re-download the themes for iMovie?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Hi, Lya,

Sometimes after a download preferences get corrupted that can cause some misbehaviors. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the iMovie app will read your themes.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2019 7:54 AM in response to lya135

Hi, Lya,

Sometimes after a download preferences get corrupted that can cause some misbehaviors. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the iMovie app will read your themes.

-- Rich

Jun 19, 2019 8:30 AM in response to lya135

I am assuming that you are using iMovie 10. Try updating to iMovie 10.1.12 or re-downloading it if you already have updated. That should get your themes back.

To redownload, drag your iMovie app from the Applications folder to the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then go to the app store and redownload.

If for some reason the update or redownload is unsuccessful, then drag your iMovie app out of the trash and back into your Applications folder.

-- Rich

Jun 20, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Rich839

I redownloaded iMovie from the app store but the new version of iMovie that I downloaded still doesn't show any of the themes. However, if I view the contents of the newly downloaded iMovie I can see that all of the themes are there they're just not syncing with the app. Is it possible that the app is not responding or receiving the content? and if so, how can I sync the themes with the app?

Thanks,

-- Lya

iMovie Theme Re-Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.