Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the resolution in an imovie?

I just made an imovie in 10.1.9 and i dont know how to get the resolution to 780.

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 9:20 PM

iMovie sets the resolution of a project by the resolution of the first clip added to a newly created project. You can delete the clip afterwards without affecting the set resolution.

In your situation you would need to create a new project and then add a known 780 (720?) clip to set the resolution. Then go back to your original project and do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in it. Then open the newly created project and do an Edit/Paste of the media. You can delete the known resolution clip.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 9:20 PM in response to blancajacobs

iMovie sets the resolution of a project by the resolution of the first clip added to a newly created project. You can delete the clip afterwards without affecting the set resolution.

In your situation you would need to create a new project and then add a known 780 (720?) clip to set the resolution. Then go back to your original project and do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in it. Then open the newly created project and do an Edit/Paste of the media. You can delete the known resolution clip.

-- Rich

How do I change the resolution in an imovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.