Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim-card isn't activated

Hello! Could you help me?

I'm from Belarus and I have a trouble with my iPhone 6s.

My sister has used the iPhone without having any trouble with activate sim-card. She used local carrier Velcome. Than she had reseted settings and gave the iPhone to me. I use another one MTS. And when I want to activate the iPhone, I see the mesage that sim-card isn't activate.

I checked Wi-Fi network, disconnected Activation Look in "Find iPhone", restarted... I also tried to activate my iPhone through iTunes. But nothing can help me. And I've contacted with my carrier, they said me to contact with iPhone support.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 11:00 AM

Your sister needs to contact her phone carrier and have them carrier unlock the phone and then restore it using itunes until you get a congrats your phone is now unlock message.

then you can use it with your phone carrier.

see link How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 21, 2019 4:01 AM in response to Muse_Stacy

Hello.

It's again me. My sister has connected with her carrier, they answered that the iPhone isn't locked by them. The iPhone was bought like unlocked in USA. And all was OK.

But after erase, SIM card not valid.

Neither SIM card is valid. Neither advice to activate is work. I tried to do everything that I could.

If I try to activate my iPhone, I see just this.

Wtah should I do?

Sim-card isn't activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.