Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play playlists on HomePod?

Hello, I just bought a new HomePod, and the main thing I want to be able to do with it is play my playlists on both Apple Music on my iPad and iTunes on my MacBook.

When I say “Hey Siri play Playlist1” she doesn’t understand it. When I say “Hey Siri list my playlists”, she asks “What’s the name of the playlist”? No matter which playlist I name in reply, she can’t find it.

The home pod is set up and I can play songs from my Apple Music account on it, but I either have to specify the artist, song name, or just have Siri play random songs from my entire music library. But how do I play playlists exactly?

Is there some additional setup I need to do to make this happen?

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 10:49 PM

Figured it out - use AirPlay to stream audio from any Mac app, iOS app or web page to HomePod. Click the Airplay icon, located near the volume slider of the app (or in the top menu bar volume slider drop down), and select HomePod to stream the app’s audio to the HomePod.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to play playlists on HomePod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.