Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini

My HomePod Mini plays some of the songs in my iTunes Library but not all of them. When it does not play a song that is in my library SIRI always says "I cannot find that song in Apple Music". I do not subscribe to Apple Music. But it should play all the music purchased through iTunes and currently in my iCloud library. I do not understand why it does not play my music.

I can call up the music on any of my Apple devices and have a song playing through my HomePod Mini. But that just reduces the Mini to being a Bluetooth speaker. Can anyone help me?

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 6:21 AM

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and check for hidden purchases. If you have unhidden content that you cannot play try hiding then unhiding to see if that helps. It may simply be that in some cases Siri cannot parse your request properly. Try Remote control for HomePod, not using AirPlay - Apple Community for a way to select your content. The screens have probably changed somewhat since I posted but you should still be able to access your cloud library this way.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Graystranger

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and check for hidden purchases. If you have unhidden content that you cannot play try hiding then unhiding to see if that helps. It may simply be that in some cases Siri cannot parse your request properly. Try Remote control for HomePod, not using AirPlay - Apple Community for a way to select your content. The screens have probably changed somewhat since I posted but you should still be able to access your cloud library this way.

tt2

Jan 18, 2021 11:54 AM in response to Graystranger

If the music wasn’t purchased through iTunes, iTunes Match or Apple Music, it might not play it but can via AirPlay.

It lists this as Audio Sources:

• Apple Music3
  • iTunes music purchases
  • iCloud Music Library with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription
  • Third-party music services3
  • Apple Music Radio or episodes on demand
  • Radio stations from TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Radio.com
  • Apple Podcasts
  • News briefings
  • AirPlay other content to HomePod mini from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Jan 19, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Vancouver22

I understand all that you say, but my problem is that the HomePod only plays only some of my iTunes purchased music but not all of my music purchased through iTunes and in my iTunes iCloud library. I have been talking to Apple customer care agents about this and they can find no reason. The HomePod Mini is supposed to play all of my music purchased through iTunes, but it does not. We have been over all the settings, restored the HomePod, reset everything. It still only plays some of my music purchased through iTunes, but not all. It will play anything on my devices using Airplay, but is is supposed to play all the music purchased from Apple iTunes.

HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.