Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text replacement

Hello,

i once logged into someone’s icloud and pressed on “merge”. All of his text replacements or shortcuts came into my device. I tried deleting them by hand but there are over 3000 text replacements. And if i try to delete them they come back after a few days. The setting “auto correction” and “predictive” turning off doesnt work. Deleting my keyboards dont work. Many people have this problem too but no-one has a solution.

Is there a way to remove or turn off all my text replacements? Or can Apple delete them from my iCloud?

resetting Doesn’t work. And resetting key dictionary and settings not.

Sincerely Hero.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 7:56 AM

Many people have this problem too but no-one has a solution.

Not sure many people merge their data with other users as you have willingly done. If so, data corruption is a risk accepted by doing this.

Although stored in iCloud, I don't believe any of these "files" are accessible to be managed. On the iOS device only.

Most effective way is to restore to an iTunes or iCloud backup that was created before you merged the data. You may of course lose some content created since that point in time.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2019 7:56 AM in response to hero130

Many people have this problem too but no-one has a solution.

Not sure many people merge their data with other users as you have willingly done. If so, data corruption is a risk accepted by doing this.

Although stored in iCloud, I don't believe any of these "files" are accessible to be managed. On the iOS device only.

Most effective way is to restore to an iTunes or iCloud backup that was created before you merged the data. You may of course lose some content created since that point in time.

Text replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.