Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorited Photos

How come when I favorite a photo on my iPhone that this doesn’t translate to when I upload it to photos for Mac? I want photos for Mac to keep them as favorited photos or else I have to go through thousands all over again.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 11:20 AM

When you import photos from your iPhone to Photos on the Mac, you will import the unmodified originals, exactly as the have been taken with the camera, no favorite tag, no adjustment.

If you want to transfer the Favorite tag and adjustments you apply, or the albums you create on the iPhone, you need to sync the iPhone and the Mac with iCloud Photos. Then the Photos Libraries on both devices will be identical, including the Favorite tags or adjustments you applied.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2019 11:20 AM in response to mbkerley16

When you import photos from your iPhone to Photos on the Mac, you will import the unmodified originals, exactly as the have been taken with the camera, no favorite tag, no adjustment.

If you want to transfer the Favorite tag and adjustments you apply, or the albums you create on the iPhone, you need to sync the iPhone and the Mac with iCloud Photos. Then the Photos Libraries on both devices will be identical, including the Favorite tags or adjustments you applied.

Favorited Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.