Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri forgets spouse but not the rest of my relationships

All of a sudden, Siri will not remember my spouse, but will remember my children, my siblings, etc. I have edited my content on my iPhone, and in iCloud dot com but cannot successfully teach Contacts/Siri to reference my spouse as "text my spouse" or as I often said before "Call/text my wife". Any explanations for this isolated forgetting and how to fix it?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 6, 2019 9:30 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks but this video is just a generic "how to" video. I appreciate you trying to help me, but it does not resolve this bug that appears to have been introduced of late. It was working reliably before June 22 but not anymore. I can say "Call my wife" and it will dial her, but I when I say "text my wife", Siri continues to respond with what is your wife's name? When she offers to set relationships on my iPhone, she always concludes that she already knows my spouse's name. On my phone, I can say, "Hey Siri, what is my spouse's name?" and Siri will pull up the correct contact.

So, the only problem is I cannot ask Siri on iPhone, Carplay, HomePod, or MacOS to "text my wife" or "text my spouse? On all those devices I can call or text my Son, Daughter, Sister, Father, etc. I can successfully call my wife, but I cannot text my wife.

Siri forgets spouse but not the rest of my relationships

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.