Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max Back Glass broken

Hello,

i bought the new XS Max and when I use the Carbon case as I use in my X, when I take it of and made the same pressure that I make in the X I heard the noise of cracking, when out the glass broke where my finger made the pressure.

I take to an Apple service, as here in Portugal THERE IS NOT an Apple Store ( in stead in Spain, near us there are there are more than 10 ) and the only thing they do is taken pictures and send it to Apple, because when they saw something broken the instructions from Apple is warranty ( they don’t analyze the issue ).

I talk to the support line and some of them were so arrogant even one hung up the phone in my face, do you believe that they told that the engineers at Apple have analysed the phone by the picture the service send them ??

I can’t believe it, now if there is no more solution as Apple don’t analyses the phone physically and not by photo, I have to go to Court and legally I will win, because I make the same pressure in the X when take of the case and over more than one year no Problem.

Apple are now arrogant, they don’t admit that my glass could have a defect, they don’t care about there customers and they told me ( support line ) if I want to go to court is a right that I have...

I attach here the photo and you will see the pressure design of the finger, ( and I make the pressure with two fingers, left and right and only one side is broken ) and if a phone broke with this pressure to take of the case and it is broken, or it has a defect or is not ready to be used by the consumers,

Anyway I would like to solve this without going to court but I will go if necessary.

Thanks

Luis Antunes

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jun 22, 2019 6:27 AM in response to ckuan

Don’t you know that for taken of a protection case, in this case a real carbon one, you have to make pressure ??

And I do the same pressure to take of the case ( Carbon too ) in my X for over a year and it doesn’t crack, and if Apple says that the XS Max is stronger than the X, something wrong here, don’t you think.

And making pressure with one finger at it cracks for sure it is not prepared to be used by the customers.

I don’t see any advise from Apple to not make pressure in the rear of the Phone, so....

Jun 22, 2019 7:29 AM in response to LACAllen

point of impact ? And I’m Superman, with the pressure of my finger it broke, why not broken on the left side as I made the same pressure with the other finger ?

Broken is not Broken, products could have defects and if it’s not aloud to make pressure in the rear of the phone to take of the case, where is that advise from Apple ?

Please, please....

Jun 22, 2019 7:44 AM in response to Labikes62

Please, please....

Nobody here can help you.

You have disagreed with every piece on advice we have given you. that damage is not a defect. Period.

The point of impact, regardless of it being your finger or the sidewalk, is plain to see.

If, as you claim, you have a European warranty that will cover you, why are you arguing with us?

That government rule should apply to whomever you purchased the phone from. You did not buy if from Apple in the US. If you did, that warranty would not apply.

Best of luck.

Jun 22, 2019 8:23 AM in response to LACAllen

Here is a question of having opinions and yours is based in what you see, but didn’t read the rest,

why doesn’t it broke on the left side as I have made the same pressure ?

And why my X phone that I use for more than a year and I do the same didn’t Broken ?

This is the issue.

And by the way the manufacturer is Apple whatever the place you bought it.

I haven’t disagreed with everyone, one as giving a sensate answer not based only in the picture.

Well I wish that some day this don’t happens to you when you take of your case ( if you use one ) and then let’s see if your opinion is the same...

Anyway, thanks for your opinion.

iPhone XS Max Back Glass broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.