Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone 11 ad & limited warranty

Hello!

I have an iPhone 11 (and I love it btw). I’ve had it for a couple of months and its life as been as boring as it could have been, since I literally keep it either on a table or in my pocket and it has barely gotten out of the house because of the lockdown.

I was inspecting it earlier today and noticed a couple of almost invisible and very minor scratches on the front and a very small crack (literally 3 millimeters long) cutting a corner in the back. I have never dropped the phone so this is all due to normal everyday usage.

My iPhone is only covered by the “limited warranty” which, from my current understanding, basically only covers problems connected to manufacturing and not to usage. So I just scrolled it off, after all they’re really minor damages.

But now hear me out

https://youtu.be/H4p6njjPV_o this is the official iPhone 11 ad, it looks to me like the “resistance to everyday life” is one of the main points of the video.

So why is my iPhone (which has never fell of a bedside table, bounced around a moving car, stepped on by a cat, tossed around a bag full of other hard stuff, submerged by a tidal wave of tea...) damaged?

At this point I am honestly disappointed in the false advertising. A phone that is directly described and sold as resistant hasn’t been able to survive two months of an extremely uneventful quarantine.

Would the “limited warranty” cover those small damages since the product is sold as something that should have resisted them?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 1, 2020 11:39 AM in response to JoJambo

First use Screen Protectors always as this is not a $300 phone its an Apple Phone which cost $700, Second for Minor Damages Apple will not change the Screen until the Screen is broken, if you have limited 1 year Apple Warranty then Screen will be changed or Apple will replace it and if you have Apple Care then it will give additional features such as 24/7 tech support and accidental damage coverage (up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage every 24 months), so i would suggest you to get a Screen Protector if you are worried about it much, thanks.

The iPhone 11 ad & limited warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.