Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems Uploading Files to iCloud

I am unable to upload 5 .pdf files to my iCloud storage. No matter what I do, those files have a dotted cloud icon. I can see and open the files with their dotted cloud icon on my iMac, which I used to save them on my iCloud drive initially but those files are not visible on my other devices. I have hundreds of files on the iCloud and only these 5 have problems. I have tried restarting my iMac, removing and then recopying the 5 files, but noting changes. These five files have been in this uploading to iCloud mode for days now.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 12:48 PM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop iCloud Drive syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

2 replies

Jul 4, 2019 4:56 PM in response to Eric Root

I have the same problem but it's with my iCloud Drive on MacBook, iPad, iPhone. 5 devices in total. All are on Beta versions of OS/iOS.

The reason it's become critical is because iCloud Drive is using between 50Gb and 125Gb of storage on the local devices. I have 200Gb on my iCloud so storage is not an issue.

This all started around 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's related, but around the same time as the iOS 13 beta updates and OS Catalina beta updates.

I honestly don't know what to do.

Problems Uploading Files to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.