Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not seeing photos and videos on iPhone.

Photos is seeing my iPhone, but when I click on the iPhone icon to import photos the page is blank. If I look on the iPhone in the Photos album Camera Roll there are 181 items.

How do I get Photos on my Mac to see the photos and videos on my iPhone so that I can import them into Photos?

iPhone 7 running iOS 12.3.1

Photos version 2.0

Mac running 10.12.6

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 10:55 AM

What are the settings on your iPhone for Settings > Camera > Formats? Is this set to "High Efficiency"?

Then you cannot process the photos in Photos on your Mac, while you are running macOS 10.12 Sierra. Either change the settings on the iPhone or upgrade the Mac to macOS 10.13 or macOS 10.14.

See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

You can either set the iPhone to take the photos in a more compatible format, or to convert them to JPEGs, when you download using a USB connection.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2019 10:55 AM in response to Aaaaaack!

What are the settings on your iPhone for Settings > Camera > Formats? Is this set to "High Efficiency"?

Then you cannot process the photos in Photos on your Mac, while you are running macOS 10.12 Sierra. Either change the settings on the iPhone or upgrade the Mac to macOS 10.13 or macOS 10.14.

See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

You can either set the iPhone to take the photos in a more compatible format, or to convert them to JPEGs, when you download using a USB connection.

Photos not seeing photos and videos on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.