Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup and restore on iOS 7.0.3

Hello everyone,

I have an old 16 gb iPhone 5c which is currently on iOS 7 and could not be upgraded to iOS 10 due to storage issues. I want to ask that if I backup its data to my computer via itunes and get a newer device for example iPhone 7 which is running iOS 11, will I be able to restore back the data of my old phone to my new phone easily or it would require any additional steps such as downgrading the iOS on my new iPhone or anything else? I want to do a complete reset on my 5c so that I can get my data transferred later on to a new iPhone. Answers would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Arsalan

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Yes.

You can load a backup from an older iOS version onto a device running a newer iOS version.

There is no way to downgrade the iOS version on an iPhone but it is not required at all.

Just backup the 5c normally, and use the backup to setup the new iPhone.

2 replies

Jun 26, 2019 10:45 AM in response to arsalanitis

You can restore an iOS backup to a device running a later build of iOS than the backup came from. When you restore a device you may be prompted to install the most recent build of iOS the device will support. If there is media on the device that isn't in your iTunes library see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

Backup and restore on iOS 7.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.