Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to paste files to Bootcamp\Users\Public

In MacOS, am now unable to copy files of any size to Bootcamp\users\public ready to access in the WIN 10 partition. This was working okay in the past. The reverse is working: in WIN10, I can paste files to Bootcamp\users\public and access in then MacOS partition.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 4:31 AM

stevefromtinderbox wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I must have been mistaken thinking I could transfer files to Bootcamp\users\public for access in the WIN10 partition.

Take a look at Windows Sharing.

So, does that mean that the only way I can move a file from MacOS partition to the Win10 partition is by copying to an external drive, such as a thumb drive?

If you want to move files between the two OSes on the same Mac, you will either need external storage, or third-party products.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2019 4:31 AM in response to stevefromtinderbox

Thanks for your reply. I must have been mistaken thinking I could transfer files to Bootcamp\users\public for access in the WIN10 partition.

Take a look at Windows Sharing.

So, does that mean that the only way I can move a file from MacOS partition to the Win10 partition is by copying to an external drive, such as a thumb drive?

If you want to move files between the two OSes on the same Mac, you will either need external storage, or third-party products.

Jun 28, 2019 4:43 AM in response to stevefromtinderbox

In MacOS, am now unable to copy files of any size to Bootcamp\users\public ready to access in the WIN 10 partition. This was working okay in the past.

Normally this is not supported natively. It requires third-party NTFS drivers or mounting the BC partition for read-write.

The reverse is working: in WIN10, I can paste files to Bootcamp\users\public and access in then MacOS partition.

This is a 'local' copy based on credential validation.

Unable to paste files to Bootcamp\Users\Public

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.