Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-sided Option to Print Is Greyed Out

I have an HP LaserJet M1217 that I've used for years with my iMac. Today, I went to print a document two-side, but the checkbox option for two-sided was no longer there. I did some research, and found it had been buried in the Layout dialogue. However, the two-sided option is greyed out.

The HP driver was recently updated. How do I get my two-sided printing back?

I'd love to have that simple checkbox back that turned two-sided printing on and off.

Thank you.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 6:28 AM

I am not familiar with that particular printer, but usually when you add a new printer, you are asked for available options and if, the printer supports it, there should be a checkbox saying "duplexer" or something like that.

I suggest you delete the existing printer, add it again and pay attention to the options being offered; make sure you check that box related to two-side printing. Whether that will make it appear up front, I can't say, but at the very least it should not be greyed out anymore.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 6:28 AM in response to saxman251

I am not familiar with that particular printer, but usually when you add a new printer, you are asked for available options and if, the printer supports it, there should be a checkbox saying "duplexer" or something like that.

I suggest you delete the existing printer, add it again and pay attention to the options being offered; make sure you check that box related to two-side printing. Whether that will make it appear up front, I can't say, but at the very least it should not be greyed out anymore.

Two-sided Option to Print Is Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.