Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First import of music file into Garageband

I started with a mistake. I dragged an audio app onto Garageband (I don't remember where). That didn't work, although I did get so far as labelling it. When I learned that I had made a mistake, I deleted the file from the Music folder.

Now, when I click on the Garageband icon in my dock, it appears in my menu bar but not on the screen. Then, when I click on the menu bar, Garageband appears on the screen. [just setting the stage]

Now, when I click on FILE, everything is grayed-out except for "open recent, cloud," and "movie." and when I click on TRACK, everything is grayed-out.

I can only add that I'm told something like "'Annette' can't be found because the file is empty."

What's wrong, and what should be my next step?

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 10:31 AM

Try the following:

• Hold down the options key while clicking the GarageBand icon in the Dock.
  • Keep holding down the options key ⌥ firmly, until the file chooser dialog appears.
  • The File chooser panel has a button "New" in the lower left corner. Click "New Document".

This should open the "New Project" panel. If you don't see it, click the GarageBand icon in the Dock again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 10:31 AM in response to Niku

Try the following:

• Hold down the options key while clicking the GarageBand icon in the Dock.
  • Keep holding down the options key ⌥ firmly, until the file chooser dialog appears.
  • The File chooser panel has a button "New" in the lower left corner. Click "New Document".

This should open the "New Project" panel. If you don't see it, click the GarageBand icon in the Dock again.

First import of music file into Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.