Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit automation no longer working in iOS/tvOS 12.3

Seems our HomeKit automations no longer works now that our iOS/tvOS devices are using 12.3(.2). The Test Automation for any will work/activate the device. But any normal automated use does not activate. These very Automations have been in place and working daily for the last year.

We have erased all our automations, rebooted our Apple TV hubs, performed the "Done" button click on any particular automation, and even reassigned the devices to the Home. Nothing has worked.

Again, all devices work and can be activated using the individual buttons, as well as the "Test Automation"...but to date, none of the automations are working.

Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 8:09 AM

While I haven't had any Automation interruptions resulting from recent iOS updates, here's what I've completed when an interruption (or, making a proactive change) to a particular Automation. ...Simply unplugged the respective, smart plug(s), and then, reconnected to AC.

If I proactively change a trigger for an Automation, I delete the Automation, complete a new, Automation setup, and then, disconnect / reconnect the involved, smart plug. ...Works every time.

The logic... when disconnecting / re-connecting to AC, the smart plug refreshes its Automation setting (I believe) on my WiFi (through HomeKit).

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2019 8:09 AM in response to pairof9s

While I haven't had any Automation interruptions resulting from recent iOS updates, here's what I've completed when an interruption (or, making a proactive change) to a particular Automation. ...Simply unplugged the respective, smart plug(s), and then, reconnected to AC.

If I proactively change a trigger for an Automation, I delete the Automation, complete a new, Automation setup, and then, disconnect / reconnect the involved, smart plug. ...Works every time.

The logic... when disconnecting / re-connecting to AC, the smart plug refreshes its Automation setting (I believe) on my WiFi (through HomeKit).

Jun 29, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Vancouver22

Abecikabeci is right...this has been working on the same WiFi router with the same settings using the same Automations for nearly a year. Now none of these work, existing or new automations. Only change was the 12.3 OS updates.

As I've tried, creating a new Automation to run in a minute, successfully getting the Test Automation to work, and then waiting for the activation in a minute, nothing occurs. At this point, the logical conclusion seems to be a bug with Home's triggering function.

I'll submit feedback to Apple, but in the meantime, this really cripples our smart home devices as the only operation is manual activation.

HomeKit automation no longer working in iOS/tvOS 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.