Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac g4

I Just got a Power Mac G4 and it did not came with the hard disk drive and (i know nothing about it and i am good at PC and i am noob at mac),i still have a empty IDE hard disk drive laying in my drawer,i knew i have to put the operating system in that hard disk drive and where is the best way to get the operating system?,and i need help with starting up the Power Mac G4,when i push the power button on that mac and i lights up then the light disappears then nothing happened.

PowerBook

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 7:18 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 29, 2019 8:29 PM in response to Funkyfentons4

It would help to know the model information exactly but likely it can use either Toger or Leopard OS discs. You must get the black retail version, not the grey ones unless you are very lucky and get ones that exactly match that model computer. Where to get them I don't really know. The usual places for used item on the web. Apple used to stock them but I think the likelihood of them having them now is 0.000001%.

This is a powerbook, or is it a desktop? I know with desktops there's a PRAM battery that will eventually discharge and produce startup problems. Not so sure if the same applies to a powerbook or if it just relies upon its own battery which in a G4 is ages old and who knows in what condition it is now.

Power Mac g4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.