Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music bug on Mac

I cant see the plus button next to the songs anymore, probably after the recent update. Also, the space whitens out after I click on a song and it doesn't play.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 5:58 AM

Open Disc Utility and select your drive and choose "First Aid" run that to see if it will fix the issue.

Repair disk permissions with Disk Utility - Apple Support

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 3, 2019 7:54 AM in response to aditi128

I and others I have talked to are having this same issue on both Mac and PC. The iPhone app version works as it should, so we are talking about the iTunes/Apple Music software on desktops (Mac/PC) specifically.

Very frustrating, as it makes the software which is usually great, much less functional - can't see what has been checked off as in your library already from the browser window, and difficult to add songs to library. Somebody please fix this.

Jul 5, 2019 2:09 AM in response to aditi128

I have the same problem; when I click on a song it disappears and doesn't play. If I double click it disappears but plays showing

info at top of screen. Click another song and it reappears but that tune then vanishes.

Apple Music is also slow to load since change to layout following upgrade.

This follows problems in May this year when 'for you', 'browse' and 'radio' vanished comletely only to reappear later.

Apple were unaware or unwilling to admit a problem.

Experience has told me not to mess around too much with the settings on the Mac as issues are usually of Apple's own making.

Jul 6, 2019 8:23 AM in response to gaiton

I tried restarting the Mac ( Ihave tried this before but with no success )

This time, however, following the restart, when I placed the cursar over a song in 'For You' the play button has reappeared. Hurrah!

'Browse' however, is still displaying the same characteristics as described before.

Very strange!

I think its a case of 'wait and see'

I have a 2009 iMac with El Capitan 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3

Jul 7, 2019 1:42 AM in response to askbarnabas

Thanks for the advice, but yes I have run "first aid".

This morning, surprisingly, both "for you' and "browse" were initially functioning normally.

However, returning to Apple Music later on, the play button had disappeared again and songs again disappeared when selected.

The loading wheel appeared at one stage.

Prior to the last update and format change 'for you' and 'browse' have always loaded instantly.

New music 'genres' are now 'hidden' half way down 'browse'!!

Apple Music bug on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.