Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the battery in the 2014 MacBook Pro the same used in the recall program affecting the 2015 models?

My 2014 MBP suffered the battery bloat that was fixed under AppleCare. From online research is appears to be the same battery used in the 2015 model.

So, if my battery bloat issue that was fixed with a defective battery, and since repair was done through Apple, is there a way to find out if the repair was "faulty" given the newest recall?

I would think the battery has a serial number that is tracked, and inventory followed post-sale by assigning to the Mac's serial number.

Since the Mac in question is linked to to this post, can I get an answer without having to waste time at the Apple Store?

Till then, that machine is turned off and unplugged just in case. I am using my "alternate" macOS device for now to get work done.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 9:44 AM

No. The Service Program is quite clear— 2015.

https://support.apple.com/15-inch-macbook-pro-battery-recall

2 replies

Is the battery in the 2014 MacBook Pro the same used in the recall program affecting the 2015 models?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.