Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recall on battery

I replaced a battery in my MacBook Pro Model A1502 last July and the battery cannot hold a charge. The reason I replaced it last year was because the original battery couldn't hold a charge. No one told me that there was a recall and I could have taken it to an Apple Store to have it replaced. Now I find out they can and my computer is not eligible because I replaced the battery - at my expense - already. What can I do to get a new battery from Apple? HELP!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 4:29 PM

I suggest you start here to see even if your notebook was eligible for warranty service:

If it is, and you had the battery replaced due to that program during the specified time period, then you need to discuss this with Apple directly to see if you can get this situation resolved. We can only go on what you provide us on what your next steps should be.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 4:29 PM in response to Curlymom3

I suggest you start here to see even if your notebook was eligible for warranty service:

If it is, and you had the battery replaced due to that program during the specified time period, then you need to discuss this with Apple directly to see if you can get this situation resolved. We can only go on what you provide us on what your next steps should be.

Aug 10, 2022 4:33 PM in response to Curlymom3

We are not Apple, so we can't speak for Apple. You can use the Get Support at the top of this page to ask Apple, but Apple will surely deny the request since you or a third party replaced parts in your computer with non-authentic parts. You probably should have let Apple replace the battery the first time and you'd have then be able to take advantage of the service bulletin.

Recall on battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.