Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015

My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015) isn't part of the battery recall, according to the serial number lookup tool but the battery gets so hot you cannot touch the bottom of the laptop and the fans run at full speed for a long period of time. Additionally, at times when it is this hot it randomly shuts down and displays the charge symbol even though it may have 80% power remaining. I don't see how this MacBook isn't part of the the recall. Does anyone know if there's anything Apple will do to rectify or am I on my own? Thank you.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 13, 2022 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 7:33 AM

CalZoey wrote:

"My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015) isn't part of the battery recall, according to the serial number lookup tool "

Thank you for your response leroydouglas. I understand that I can take it in but I'm wondering if Apple will cover the cost to replace the battery or if I will have to bear the cost myself. I know that you or anyone that isn't part of Apple cannot give a definitive answer but I'm interested to hear if anyone has first hand knowledge of the same situation and what was the outcome. Thank you.

You will have to bear the cost yourself—yes.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 7:33 AM in response to CalZoey

CalZoey wrote:

"My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015) isn't part of the battery recall, according to the serial number lookup tool "

Thank you for your response leroydouglas. I understand that I can take it in but I'm wondering if Apple will cover the cost to replace the battery or if I will have to bear the cost myself. I know that you or anyone that isn't part of Apple cannot give a definitive answer but I'm interested to hear if anyone has first hand knowledge of the same situation and what was the outcome. Thank you.

You will have to bear the cost yourself—yes.

May 13, 2022 5:27 AM in response to CalZoey

CalZoey wrote:

My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015) isn't part of the battery recall, according to the serial number lookup tool but the battery gets so hot you cannot touch the bottom of the laptop and the fans run at full speed for a long period of time. Additionally, at times when it is this hot it randomly shuts down and displays the charge symbol even though it may have 80% power remaining. I don't see how this MacBook isn't part of the the recall. Does anyone know if there's anything Apple will do to rectify or am I on my own? Thank you.

Yes take it in—

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

May 13, 2022 7:27 AM in response to leroydouglas

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.